- Engage a technology firm unless you have developed a good understanding of Step 1 and Step 2
- Allow tech consultants to develop business strategy
- Depend upon traditional consulting firms since they have fallen behind in the cognitive strategy development
- Make a move without learning about artificial intelligence
- AI is not like other software and hence don’t hire a tech firm without vetting their experience
Below is the American Institute of Artificial Intelligence methodology. Before going over the four steps it is important to understand the Do’s and Don’ts of the Cognitive Competitive Strategy.
- Develop a solid understanding of artificial intelligence at a strategic business and functional level
- Develop a comprehensive strategic plan – and business models
- Design technology strategy in alignment with business strategy
- Prioritize projects
- Take small steps by prototyping solutions first
We are operating in a cognitive economy. Cognitive competition is the new state of reality shaped by intelligent and efficient machines. Cognitive competitive advantage is acquired via superior machine capabilities – both physical and cognitive.
Your first step is to develop corporate strategy based upon cognitive economy dynamics
Functional strategy is aligned with the corporate strategy. Function specific capabilities are analyzed.
A comprehensive financial model is developed to analyze the cognitive competitive strategy.